Twelve of Latin music’s biggest acts have been added to the already impressive list of artists and nominees scheduled to perform on the 31st edition of Univision’s Premio Lo Nuestro, the longest-running music awards show on U.S. Spanish-language television. Boasting world premieres, chart-topping hits, new categories and the most varied lineup ever, Premio Lo Nuestro will usher in a new era in its incomparable history on Thursday, February 21, at 7 p.m. ET live on Univision from the AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami.
New artists scheduled to perform:
• Anuel AA –Chart-breaking Puerto Rican trap artist. This is his first Premio Lo Nuestro nomination (New Artist/Artista Revelación) and first time performing on the show.
• Lele Pons – Venezuelan Social Media content creator and fast-rising music star will premiere her new single with Fuego during the pre-show.
• Fuego – Washington, DC-raised Dominican trapero, will make his Premio Lo Nuestro debut with a pre-show premiere duet of “Bloque” with Lele Pons.
• Prince Royce – The contemporary Bachata prince and winner of 16 Premio Lo Nuestro awards joins the show in a special musical performance.
• Farruko – The Puerto Rican urban artist will perform “Calma REMIX” with Pedro Capó and is nominated in the new category of Remix del Año.
• Piso 21 – First-time nominees and with three nominations this year, the Colombian Latin pop group will sing their latest single “Te Vi” and introduce a new band member on live television.
• Intocable – The Tejano and Norteño group will perform their new song and be honored with the Premio a la Trayectoria for 25 years in the industry. They are the most nominated Regional Music band in the history of Premio Lo Nuestro (35) and hold the record for the most wins (24).
• De La Ghetto – Nominated for Video del Año, the charting urbano artist will perform.
• Pedro Capó – The Puerto Rican actor/singer will mark his first time on the Premio Lo Nuestro stage by performing with Farruko their world hit “Calma REMIX.”
• Silvestre Dangond – The four-time nominee, known for his updated takes on Colombian vallenato, will perform with Natti Natasha, this year’s most nominated artist, their nominated hit single “Justicia.”
• Lali – This is the first nomination (Remix Del Año) for the Argentine pop singer and first time on the Premio Lo Nuestro stage. She will perform “Lindo Pero Bruto” with nominated superstar Thalia.
First-time host Mexican actress and recording artist Maite Perroni joins previous hosts Alejandra Espinoza and Puerto Rican singer Victor Manuelle, who is also nominated in three Premio Lo Nuestro categories this year, including Tropical Artist of the Year. They will be accompanied onstage by a long list of celebrity presenters including Mexican actor Gabriel Soto, Ranchera artist Lupita Infante, Venezuelan actress Kimberly Dos Ramos, Romanian singer/songwriter Inna, and Regional Mexican artist El Bebeto.
Premio Lo Nuestro recognizes the best in Latin music and showcases star-studded performances, worldwide premieres and current hits that will be toping the charts this year. This 31st edition will feature newer music and include seven new categories representing today’s ever-expanding musical tastes: Sierreño Artist of the Year, ‘Replay’ Song of the Year, Single of the Year, Crossover Collaboration of the Year, Remix of the Year, Social Artist of the Year, and Tour of the Year.
The February 21 live event from Miami kicks off the annual Latin music awards season. Univision’s production team has once again partnered with the award winning and critically acclaimed producer, musician and composer, Sergio George, as musical director for the telecast.
Fans voted online from January 8th through January 21 for their favorites among 91 artists in 28 award categories. Nominations were based on the top 1,000 current and recurrent songs in Spanish and English with the most plays on Univision’s Uforia radio stations from January 1st to October 31stof 2018.