Connect with us

In English

President of Czech Parliament Visits Cuban Exile Leaders in Miami

Inspire America Foundation hosted a working meeting with the President of the Czech Parliament Radek Vondráček yesterday in Miami’s Cuban Museum to discuss European and Czech policy on Cuba and Venezuela.

The Czech delegation also included the Czech Republic’s ambassador to the US, Hynek Kmonicek, the former Czech Ambassador to the UN Martin Palaous, one of the signers of Charter 77, and four members of parliament. On its side, Inspire America was represented by its Chairman Marcell Felipe and Board members, Mayor Tomas Regalado, Ambassador Armando Valladares and Diego Suárez. Also taking part as guests of the IAF were Congressman Lincoln Díaz-Balart, former Bolivian Defense Minister, Carlos Sanchez Berzain and Congressional Candidate Irina Vilarino. The delegation was also able to meet and hear from legendary prisoners of conscience Angel de Fana and Jorge Luis Garcia Perez (Antúnez).

Prior to the meeting interviews were arranged for Radio/TV Marti’s special on the 30th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall and the Velvet Revolution.

After the meeting, Chairman Felipe stated, “I am pleased that the Czech leaders have taken it upon themselves to lead the fight for democracy and retake that leadership in Europe”. There is no reason for the EU to abandon the “common position” that was advanced during the Presidency of José Maria Aznar. There is even less reason for the EU to allow its companies to pay Cuban workers just 8% of their salary while paying their captors the other 92%. It is an immoral theft of wages.”

The meeting is part of an intensified campaign by the Inspire America Foundation to move the EUs position on Cuba and Venezuela from a profits driven position to a more human and ethical one.

Advertisement
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Advertisement

Suscríbete con nosotros

Introduce tu correo electrónico para suscribirte a nuestra web y recibir todas nuestras noticias.

Únete a otros 1.743 suscriptores

QUEDATE EN CASA

Siguenos en Facebook